Posted by JF&CS
Just in time for the holidays, Jewish Family & Children’s Service is launching a brand new fundraising initiative! We are excited to announce that supporters of JF&CS can now fundraise on behalf of our Family Table food pantry.
About Family Table
The mission of JF&CS Family Table is to end hunger in the Greater Boston Jewish community while serving people who need our assistance regardless of religious affiliation. We fulfill this mission by providing kosher food, creating a caring Jewish connection, and empowering people to make healthy eating a part of their daily lives.
“Family Table is a program that is wholly dependent on support from the community,” said Bernice Behar, Director of Family Table. “We are so grateful for the food donations we receive from local synagogues and schools and for the thousands of volunteers who pack and deliver groceries to our clients.”
In addition to food donations and volunteers, Family Table also depends on financial contributions to keep our pantries stocked. The launch of our fundraising initiative offers a new way to support Family Table and gives your family and friends the chance to contribute as well.
How Fundraising for Family Table Works
There are three ways to fundraise for Family Table:
- Host a fundraising event, like a bake-off, car wash, or garage sale.
- Ask for donations in lieu of gifts for a special occasion, like a birthday or a bar mitzvah.
- Create a virtual fundraiser to be shared on Facebook or other social media pages.
No matter which type of fundraiser you choose, JF&CS makes the process easy by providing ideas, tips, and custom donation links. All you need to do to get started is to click one of the links above and complete the relevant form.
An anonymous donor is currently matching gifts dollar for dollar, so every donation your fundraiser receives will double in impact!
Holiday Fundraising Ideas
The holiday season is the perfect time for a Family Table fundraiser! Here are just a few seasonally-themed ideas to inspire you:
- Throw a holiday party and ask everyone to donate to Family Table instead of bringing gifts for a Yankee Swap.
- Sell holiday treats (e.g. sufganiyot, holiday cookies) at your religious institution, school, or community center.
- Encourage your children to “donate a gift” to Family Table. This could mean skipping gifts on one night of Chanukkah or forgoing a holiday present in exchange for a donation to Family Table.
- Instead of doing a Secret Santa at your office, encourage your coworkers to donate to Family Table.
- Start a Facebook fundraiser for Family Table that runs through all eight nights of Chanukkah or between Christmas and New Year’s.
Of course, fundraising for Family Table isn’t limited to December; it’s something you can do all year round. To start planning your fundraiser, visit our Fundraise for Family Table page. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Terri Grogan, Senior Development Officer, at 781-693-5707 or email@example.com.