TeenSafe prevents teen dating abuse in the Jewish community.
February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month.
Hear from teens about this important issue and ways to address it through the TeenSafe video and blog or visit www.loveisrespect.org to learn more.
TeenSafe is JF&CS Journey to Safety’s response to dating abuse in our community. Through leadership, skill-building, and education, TeenSafe gives teens the language and tools they need to recognize abuse in a dating relationship and know how to respond if they see, hear about, or experience it. The program aims to generate community-wide awareness to empower Jewish teens and the adults in their lives to prevent dating abuse and promote healthy and respectful behavior in dating relationships.
Teen dating abuse is an issue that crosses all socioeconomic, cultural, and demographic lines. It’s even in your community.
- One in three teens in the US is a victim of physical, emotional, or verbal abuse from a dating partner.
- 73% of teens said they would turn to a friend first for help if they were in an abusive relationship.
Studies cited at Futures Without Violence
TeenSafe brings together experienced educators and trained high school students to engage teens and adults in preventing teen dating abuse. TeenSafe participants create and organize outreach campaigns and community activities and design and present workshops to their peers, parents, and educators.
Are you interested in bringing a TeenSafe program to your school, youth group, or synagogue?
Are you interested in participating in TeenSafe?
Thanks to a generous grant from the Miriam Fund and individual donors, TeenSafe programs are available at no cost to participants.
For more information, call 781-647-JFCS (5327) or email your questions via our contact us page.
Teen Dating Abuse Resources
- If you or a friend need help, contact the National Dating Abuse Helpline, Loveisrespect, at 866-331-8453 or text "loveis" to 22522. Trained peer advocates are there to speak with you 24/7, every day of the year.
- Check out TeenSafe's Guide to Supporting a Friend Who is in a Controlling or Abusive Dating Relationship.
- View TeenSafe's Guide to Getting R.I.D. of Teen Dating Abuse.
- Read more about TeenSafe on the JF&CS blog.
- Follow TeenSafe on Instagram and friend our TeenSafe Fellow on Facebook.
- Learn more about teen dating abuse at breakthecycle.org and loveisrespect.org.
Help for Basic Needs
A JF&CS professional will take the time to understand your situation and connect you with experts and resources for help across many of life's challenges.
More room at the table
Family Table Food Pantry
Working to end hunger in the Greater Boston Jewish community and beyond. Find out how we can support your family's food needs.