Mental Health Support
JF&CS is committed to helping individuals and families build a strong foundation for resilience and well-being across the lifespan.
Supporting the emotional and mental health of our clients and families is an important part of this goal. Whether someone needs short-term support during a life transition or challenging situation, or ongoing support to manage a chronic condition, JF&CS is here to help.
Mental Health Connect
A free, confidential information and referral service. Contact us or call 781-693-5562 to talk with a JF&CS mental health professional who will take the time to understand your situation and connect you with expert advice and appropriate resources.
Support for Families with Young Children
- Weekly visits and support for parents who are adjusting to parenthood, isolated, or overwhelmed
- Support groups for parents of babies under one year old
- Therapeutic interventions for young children and parents impacted by trauma, postpartum depression or anxiety, perinatal mood disorders, and related stressors
- Consultations for parents with a child under the age of 3
- Support for substance-exposed newborns and their families
Support for Families with School-Aged Children
- Hands-on assistance and advocacy, including special education advocacy, for parents with a child with mental health challenges
- Support group for children who have a sibling with special needs
- Consultations for parents with a child with a disability or mental health challenge
Support for Adults
Support for Meeting Basic Needs
Support for Community Organizations
- JF&CS experts provide training and support to integrate knowledge and practice and meet the needs of professionals and public and private organizations working with infants, young children, and families; people with disabilities; and older adults.