Chanukkah Card Challenge
JF&CS will be sending handmade “Happy Chanukkah” cards to clients of our Schechter Holocaust Services program. We're going to need 450 cards, and we would love your help making them! Read the directions below to learn how you can help us spread Chanukkah joy this year.
Card Making Directions
1. Please use blank cards or folded card stock.
2. On the outside, write “Happy Chanukkah” and decorate it any way you’d like.
3. On the inside, please write a short, cheerful note. Our favorite is “Wishing you a Chanukkah filled with Light,” but you are welcome to come up with your own wording.
4. Please sign your first name, followed by “a JF&CS Volunteer” next to or below your name. Card-makers under age 18 can write their age as well if they’d like.
5. Place cards next to their matching envelopes. Please do not put them in the envelopes. We read every card before we send them.
6. Please mail* the cards in an envelope or box to:
Volunteer Services Manager
1430 Main Street
Waltham, MA 02451
*For in-person drop-off, please contact Ava for arrangements at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-693-5007.
7. Due date: Please arrange to have all cards to JF&CS by November 30 so we can mail the cards before Chanukkah.
8. Please be sure to put a note inside the envelope or box with your name, address, and email address so we know who the cards are coming from.
Thank you so much for your contribution to this effort! We are so grateful for your support as we help to reduce isolation for our older adult clients. Though some people have been creating cards out of card stock, others have used prepared blank cards. Below are a couple of Amazon links to sets of cards and envelopes that card-makers have found useful:
4.25 x 5.5 white cards with envelopes on Amazon
5 x 7 White Cards and Envelopes on Amazon