Inclement Weather Plan for Sunday Distributions at Family Table Waltham
If you are a Family Table volunteer driver, you will not be packing outside; rather, you can expect a curbside pick-up at our Sunday distributions from November – February, or whenever the weather prevents us from operating outdoors. Since we can only allow a small number of people into our building at a time, this plan will enable us to pack all the grocery bags for our clients in a socially distanced manner.
- Volunteer drivers arrive at our Waltham headquarters during selected shift. There will be five shifts to accommodate the new procedures.
- Drivers will be directed to pull around the back of the building and stop their car at the back door.
- The driver will open their trunk and workers (staff or other volunteers) will load produce and cold items for all pre-assigned clients into the car.
- Driver will be directed to an assigned parking space on the east side of the building.
- The driver will wait in their assigned spot while workers inside the building pack the groceries for the driver’s assigned clients. This should take between 10 - 20 minutes depending on how many clients have been assigned to the driver.
- When the bags are packed, a worker will bring the groceries to the driver, load them into the trunk/car, and give the driver the shopping lists, which note the addresses for delivery. Driver will then leave to make deliveries.
Family Table will be in touch with volunteers who are typically onsite. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 781-693-5593.
Sunday Distribution Schedule
See upcoming dates for our Sunday distributions.