Kids’ Connection Corner
JF&CS Kids’ Connection Corner (KCC) is a free program that provides children with autism ages 10–13 with the opportunity to participate in creative activities while making friends.
This three-hour program will run for 20 Sundays throughout the year from 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at the Leventhal-Sidman JCC in Newton.
The goal of KCC is to combine the important aspects of family support, recreation, social learning, and interactions for children as well as their caregivers.
Benefits for children:
- Develop friendships while having fun
- Engage in recreational activities such as dance, art, and adaptive sports
- Enjoy group collaborative play with adult guidance and support
The program maintains a ratio of three participants to one qualified direct care staff. Staff have a high school diploma and are either enrolled in or have completed a bachelor’s degree in human services (or a related field).
Trained volunteers will help facilitate an enriching experience for the children.
Benefits to the caregiver:
- Take care of you — it’s okay to drop your children off to take care of yourself
- Spend time with your other child(ren) or your significant other
- Gain access to other JF&CS services
- Network with other parents and caregivers
Please note that registration is required.
For more information, please contact Angie Waring at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-697-7232.