CHAI Employment Services aims to advance the inclusion of people with disabilities throughout the workforce by working with employers to create competitive, integrated employment opportunities for people with developmental disabilities and providing supports that ensure their success on the job. Our Employment Specialists provide person-centered support, taking the time to understand clients’ personal interests, skills, and support needs in order to make successful job matches with community employers. The staff’s relationship with a number of employers has been essential to the success of current clients on the job and has led to opportunities for other clients.
- Assessment of skills and interests
- Resumé development
- Job search and networking support
- Interview training, practice, and support
- Job development and matching
- Intensive initial job coaching including fading and natural supports development
- Check-in support to assist the individual in maintaining successful employment and positive employer relationships
JF&CS is able to provide this service through DDS funding, private pay, and private donations.
Depending on funding source, Employment Services can also assist with creating a schedule of activities in independent community-integrated settings, including community volunteering, local recreation, social groups, and community activities.
For more information about our employment services, call 781-647-JFCS (5327) or email your questions via our contact us page.