Center for Early Relationship Support®
Infant-Parent Training Institute
||The Infant-Parent Training Institute (IPTI) is the leading institution in New England offering integrated clinical and theoretical training in infant mental health. Our courses offer a range of training opportunities to explore the interface of theory and clinical practice, develop new skills, and build a collegial network through the exploration of the earliest relationships of infants, parents, and caregivers. Central to all of our offerings are the opportunities for observation and reflection and the understanding of development as embedded in relationships, community, and culture.
We provide training to professionals from multiple disciplines including social work, psychology, counseling, psychiatry, pediatrics, early education/child care, nursing, and allied health fields. Training with IPTI will allow you to integrate the core concepts of early relational development and intervention into your work whether in direct care, supervision/consultation, or teaching and policy.
Our training program is part of the Center for Early Relationship Support (CERS), the home for a range of direct service programs for new parents and young children. The connection between IPTI and CERS mirrors our commitment to linking state-of-the-art knowledge with high quality service delivery. Common to all our programs and trainings is the belief that nurturing, reflective relationships promote optimal learning and growth.
Why study with IPTI?
- Exceptional faculty with expertise in clinical work with very young children and parents
- Immersion in the latest research from fields of attachment, development, neurobiology, and trauma with emphasis on integration with practice
- Small classes (no more than 12 students) with opportunities for case-based discussions
- Reflective mentoring and supervision
- Opportunities for clinical experience in infant-parent psychotherapy
- Community of colleagues with common interests and diverse perspectives
- Infant observation as a core experience
What is Infant Mental Health?
What Can I Do with My Training?
Our Programs Include