Bet Tzedek Legal Services
Bet Tzedek Legal Services promotes social and economic justice for our clients by providing free legal services to those with low income. A network of volunteer attorneys and law firms provides direct legal representation to clients, as well as ancillary legal services. Bet Tzedek relies on this generous support to enhance the mission of its program.
At Bet Tzedek Legal Services, we work closely with all of the programs at JF&CS. This collaborative approach enables us to provide personalized client services, recognizing that an individual’s legal needs are often intertwined with the need for essential human services and other support.
Services and Eligibility
- Bet Tzedek Legal Services handles a variety of practice areas, including Housing, Government Benefits, Consumer Law, Immigration, Family Law, Domestic Violence, Elder Law, and Probate law. Bet Tzedek Legal Services does not handle criminal matters, malpractice claims, or personal injury cases.
- Clients must meet income eligibility requirements and live within Greater Boston.
- The following free services are available:
- Legal review of claims
- Legal advocacy, including letter writing and negotiating with government agencies and private parties
- Referral to volunteer Panel Attorneys, JF&CS programs, or other legal services agencies
Volunteer with Bet Tzedek Legal Services
We encourage every attorney interested in helping individuals in need of legal assistance to call us, regardless of his or her level of experience. Together, we can make a real contribution towards improving our community and increasing public access to legal services.
Pro bono opportunities vary from handling individual cases to providing brief telephone advice on a specific legal issue. Whatever their time commitment, Bet Tzedek Legal Services attorneys have the potential to make an enormous difference in an individual’s life while fulfilling the recommendations of the Massachusetts Bar to assist persons with limited means. To become a member of the volunteer panel, please fill out our volunteer registration form.
For more information, call 781-647-JFCS (5327) or email your questions via our contact us page.
This program was funded in part by CJP.