Supported Housing programs offer a range of options for adults with disabilities who want to live as independently as possible while enjoying community involvement and pursuing individual goals.
Small Group Living
This option provides shared housing, all meals, and extensive on-site support services in apartments and houses located in Allston/Brighton, Brookline, Chestnut Hill, Newton, and Norwood. Most group living programs serve three to five individuals with similar needs and all emphasize helping residents live a self-directed life, fully engaged in their community. The monthly program fee covers housing costs, meals, and all support services including:
- Personal care as needed
- Healthcare coordination and medication management
- Social and recreational activities including regular Shabbat dinner
- Assistance with grocery shopping, food preparation, household management, making and keeping appointment
- Assistance setting and meeting personal goals, pursuing interests in the community, and maintaining healthy habits
- Supportive counseling
JF&CS can also provide a services-only package for clients who make arrangements for their own housing.
Collaborative Group Living
This option provides shared housing, group dinners, and daily on-site support services in houses located in Norwood, Walpole, Newton, and Malden. Our collaborative group living models serve seven to 14 individuals with similar needs and emphasize helping residents live a self-directed life, fully engaged in their community while receiving support from on-site staff and family members. Each individual has their own bedroom and shares staffing, common space, bathrooms, and kitchen facilities with other residents. The monthly program fee covers daily dinners and all support services, including:
- Overnight and emergency coverage through live-in staff
- Verbal prompts and reminders to complete personal care and hygiene routines
- Social and recreational activities
- Assistance with grocery shopping, food preparation, and household management
- Assistance setting and meeting personal goals, pursuing interests in the community, and maintaining healthy eating habits
- Collaboration with family members and other collateral contacts
Please note that rent is paid separately from the monthly program fee, directly to the third party landlord.
Community Supported Living
This option offers daily living supports for adults with disabilities living in their own apartments. Located in Brookline and Allston/Brighton, each supported living program consists of a cluster of apartments within a single building or neighborhood, facilitating community among residents and frequent interaction with staff. The monthly program fee covers support services only, including all services available in the group living program provided on an as-needed basis. All other living costs, including rent and food, are paid separately.
Jewish Life Programming
All Supported Housing clients are included in Jewish holiday celebrations and a monthly Shabbat dinner at JF&CS. Many residents also participate in Beyond B’nai Mitzvah, a warm and inclusive study group that has been meeting weekly for several years.
Costs and Financing
Monthly fees vary based on the type of program and the level of service provided. For clients who qualify, program costs may be covered or partially covered by the Department of Developmental Services or MassHealth.
For more information, call 781-647-JFCS (5327) or email your questions via our contact us page.