Shoulder to Shoulder® - Supporting Military Families
When one person serves, the whole family serves.
JF&CS Shoulder to Shoulder strengthens the resiliency and improves the lives of military and veteran families by providing unique home-based support services and connections to community resources.
Shoulder to Shoulder offers:
- In-home services: Through private conversations that provide support and encouragement, our volunteers help families identify strengths and improve their family's resiliency. Trained by Shoulder to Shoulder staff, volunteers are veterans, spouses, parents, and other military-connected community members who understand the pressures of military family life.
- Referral services: We help military and veteran families navigate the many resources available that address needs around housing, employment, health care, education, veteran benefits, and clinical treatment for PTS, suicidal thinking, and TBI.
- Community engagement events: Shoulder to Shoulder hosts free events for military and veteran families to give them the opportunity to connect with other local military and veteran families.
This is a free, confidential service available to families of active duty, National Guard, Reserve, and veteran service members, regardless of income, economic circumstances, religion, age, or discharge status. No insurance billing is needed and your information will not be shared with outside agencies such as the VA or DoD. Deployment is not required to qualify for services.
Benefits of Shoulder to Shoulder include:
- Strengthened family functioning; support for parental concerns
- Expert staff who can connect your family with numerous resources available to military and veteran families in Massachusetts
- Reduced feelings of isolation and improved connection to the community
Are you military-connected? Would you like to support other military families? Volunteer with Shoulder to Shoulder.
For more information, call 781-647-JFCS (5327) or email your questions via our contact us page.